In this era where everything tends to be digitalised, will traditional marketing method survive? The answer is yes, its importance remains unchanged. If you think about it, when most companies are switching towards online marketing and you decide to apply offline marketing method instead, you will have lesser competition.
Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who still prefer the traditional marketing method where everything is printed. Examples of traditional marketing method include flyers, brochures, booklets and many more. There are two main reasons underlying their preference. First, with printed marketing materials, they get that sensory experience. They get to feel and touch them. Moreover, they can also keep them on their desks or shelves and when they need them later, they can just retrieve them easily. The second reason is that you are the one who makes the decision to whom you are going to distribute your printed marketing materials, which makes offline marketing a very effective method.
There are many kinds of printed marketing materials, one that has been proven to be an effective tool in marketing and promotion is flyer. Flyer is also a way of providing necessary and important information about your company and business to potential customers.
What is a flyer? A flyer serves the function to present text and information regarding a company or its promotions. To attract attention, flyers are usually colorful and full of graphics. In order for your flyer to be effective, we recommend you to pay attention to the following elements:
- Headline. Headline is the very first thing that you should think about because it is the purpose behind the marketing material. Sometimes it is not easy to decide how your headline is going to sound. A tip for you, your headline should sound strong and clear. It has to have the summary of what you are going to say in the text below the headline. You can use big and bold words for the headline.
- Offer. In order for your flyer to be attractive, your offer gotta be interesting. Make your offer appealing enough, so that when people see it, they cannot ignore it. Even if you have great design for your flyer, if the content is not interesting, your flyer will not be very effective.
- Colours. Use colours that represent the logo of your company and your business as the main colours of your flyer. By doing so, you let your potential customers be familiar with your brand and company.
- Background. Design your flyer as attractive as possible to grab attention.
- Contact details. Contact details are a must. The more detailed contact information that you provide, the better. If you do not provide the basic methods of contacting your company, people will become confused when they want to contact you. There is a possibility that they will become uninterested in your products and/or services.
In addition to the points above, there are a few more things that you also have to bear in mind, but these ones are the points that you should avoid when designing a flyer:
- Too much information. Do not put everything in the flyer. Noone wants to read a very long text, not if what they are reading is supposed to be short and concise.
- Generic email address. Examples of generic email address are gmail, yahoomail, hotmail and AOL. Why should you avoid using the generic ones? Because they are available for free. Using generic email address may imply that you are not very serious in doing your business, so people will not take you seriously either.
To conclude, flyers are a really powerful marketing tool as long as they are designed and created the right way, used for the right purpose and distributed to the right target.